All sorts of companies are recognizing the advantages of conducting online training programs. They are realizing that e-learning provides several advantages when compared to face to face or classroom learning.
Many organizations are accepting e-learning for their training needs to save energy, money and time. Here are some benefits of e-learning or online corporate training:
- Reduced costs of training: One among most significant benefits of corporate e-learning is that it substantially reduces cost of training. There are no costs of printing study material, hiring trainers or finding classroom space. All information is available online. While there may be initial cost of development, maintenance and updation costs are minimal compared to conventional face to face training? One cost effective method of training is cloud based learning management system.
- Quick uploading of content: Training material is readily available such that employees can acquire knowledge or skill sets immediately. They need not wait for printed material to be developed. Training material can be uploaded in a thrice and employees can access information right away.
- Ready access to information: Employees can depend on online source whenever they require information urgently. Ready access to all information makes employees efficient and encourages better business practices. Gone are the times of sloppy, handwritten classroom notes.
- Improved retention of knowledge: e-learning provides companies, opportunities to design engaging and fun training courses using interactive slides, videos and games. These help employees retain more information.
- Timely feedback: During an online corporate training course, employees are able to get feedback in real time. Management can keep tabs on the progress of the course as well as performance of individual employees. Online quizzes and tests will provide instant feedback through automatic grading and evaluation.
- Personalized learning: All employees do not learn in the same way. Even though course content is same, e-learning enables employees to learn at their own pace. Because of the freedom, employees can proceed according to their learning styles.
- Onsite instructors are not needed: Company need not waste money on hiring an onsite instructor such as salary and travel costs.
- Rapid and efficient course updates: with online corporate training, updates of any sort are fairly straightforward. If you are considering updates on company policy and want to inform or train your staff on these, the best way is to add it to the Learning Management System and stipulate all employees to immediately refer to the changes. There is no need to rewrite printed reference manuals. This keeps the business one step ahead of all competition. This is useful in case of launch of new products or services.
- Quick access to information: Online corporate e-learning enhances ability of employees to access information via the Learning management System. This includes links to videos, webinars and articles which can be referred to by employees so that they can hone their skill sets.
- Boosts productivity of employees: If your HR department is mulling over the benefits of e-learning, you only have to consider the improved productivity of employees. Staff has better knowledge, skills and efficiency, thus contributing to the betterment of the bottom-line of the company.
These are some benefits of corporate e-learning system. Many companies are recognizing the need for online corporate training. They are positive about investing in e-learning development services. As such, it is an idea whose time has come.