Sunday 25 October 2020

Make Major Lifestyle Changes with Gluten-Free Flour

Make Major Lifestyle

All major health studies show that 80% of the body’s health is determined by diet and the other 20% by how active one is. If there’s one trend that must be picked up from the lot of trends that are being dropped into the market, it would be allowing room to include gluten-free flour as a staple into your diet. Apart from gluten-free flour, semolina flour can also be substituted for organic semolina flour, Italian flour for pasta and other such organic Italian flour.

On the usual, each time there is a mention of the word “flour” in recipes, the mind assumes – regular “All-Purpose Flour or Wheat Flour”. Both of which contain “Gluten”. The gluten within it acts as the glue that holds the flour bound together. Essentially gluten provides dough it property of elasticity, making it a preference for cooking and baking by homemakers and chefs alike.

Why then must one shift to using gluten-free flour regularly?

Here are 7 reasons for you to begin using “gluten-free flour”: 

  • Promotes the well-being of gut health. It keeps the digestive tract allergy-free.
  • It improves the Cholesterol levels, therefore also increasing energy levels.
  • Going gluten-free keeps you away from the most unhealthy or processed food.
  • It makes you want to rely on healthier food options such as fruits and vegetables for extra supplements.
  • Reduces the risk of getting heart diseases and complications arising from being diabetic.
  • If weight lossis your goal – gluten-free flour assists in stimulating weight loss in a healthy measure.
  • Keeps one warded off from developing IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
  • It is also a healthier alternative for those who have Celiac Allergy & Intolerance or Gluten Allergy & Intolerance.

Also Read: Easy 3-Ingredient Gluten Free Pasta Recipe You Must Try

A few alternative flour options that substitute the use of Gluten-Contained Flour such as wheat, rye, and Barley are:

  • Almond Flour
  • Buckwheat Flour
  • Amaranth Flour
  • Sorghum Flour
  • Tapioca Starch Flour
  • Arrowroot Flour
  • Rice Flour
  • Oat Flour
  • Corn Flour
  • Coconut Flour &
  • Chickpea Flour

Switching to these alternative options will aide in healthy transformation in your life. These options can redefine your lifestyle choices and vastly improve your quality of life, each day lived. There is a score of gluten-free flour-based recipes available on the internet for your perusal that could assist in helping you make the perfect choice for your daily dietary requirements.

However, if you are looking for something to get you started immediately. Here’s a simple recipe that you could follow:

Gluten-Free Waffle Recipe

List of Ingredients Required for the recipe:

  1. 500 gms of a gluten-free flour of your choice
  2. Olive Oil as per your requirement
  3. Water (to make the batter)
  4. 2 tsp of Garlic Powder
  5. Garlic bread or Italian Seasoning (as per your preference)
  6. Non-dairy cheese (optional)
  7. Salt (as per taste)
  8. Sauce to use as a dip
  9. Meat or vegetables of your choice (pre-cooked but cut into tiny pieces)

Directions for Cooking:

  1. In a bowl (big enough to fit all ingredients), mix the gluten-free flour, olive oil, water, salt, garlic powder as well as seasoning.
  2. Mix to make a semi-thick batter.
  3. Add cheese (optional) and the vegetable and meat of your choice and mix till they combine well together in the batter.
  4. Use your waffle iron, pre-heat it for 5 minutes and rub some olive oil on both sides of the waffle iron before placing the batter on it.
  5. Pressing the waffle iron together, wait for the red indicator light to go off before prying open the waffle iron to take out the gluten-free waffle.
  6. Serve the waffles alongside the dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy these yummy gluten-free recipes.

Switching to the healthier version of yourself is now an option that is easily available to use. This shift in substitution is just as easy as swapping out products for their better and healthier options. It could make a world of difference and will witness the beginning of exhibiting change on your skin and your gut health, within 5 weeks.

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *