Florence, the second largest city in the Northern Kentucky is one of the fastest growing touring centres of the world. The place where the Renaissance started is known for its historical value, thus for ages historians mark Florence as one of the foremost visiting places. Presently there are so many things to do and numerous places to visit in the city that often travellers get confused while considering the best ones among the many offering excitement of Florence.
There are well-known museums, churches, artisan workshops, local markets and piazzas luring visitors to spend their holidays excitedly. If you are visiting the Italian city for the first time then there are varied things you should know to have stress free and enjoyable days in Florence. As Florence has wide range of attractions for its visitors, there are chances of you making mistakes spoiling your tour.
Here are few tips to help you in exploring the city:
- It will be best to know the city by walking. As many notable visiting spots are close by, walking seems to be the suitable mode to feel the thriving life of the city and its natives.
- You can travel by train to visit places outside the city. It is quite easy to have the tickets in the counter of the station or book online. You can have stamped tickets valid for six hours if you aren’t going far or moving in the city limit.
- You need to book your tickets to visit the museums in advance. As this place is known as the most thrived place for artists, some of their best works are displayed in the museums spread in the city. In summer and spring, it becomes essential to pre-book your museum visit.
- It isn’t necessary to have expensive boarding as there are many places offering lodging and meals at reasonable rate. In the local market foodie corners, you can have quality Italian food at cheaper rate.
To find the best travel options to Florence, your could visit website: http://www.tripindicator.com/Florence-day-trips.html . You’ll find many reliable guided touring service providers to ensure your trip is memorable. The touring and hotel arrangements are made at reasonable rate and strive to make travellers enjoy the beautiful magnificent city of Florence without any stress.
Places worth visiting in Florence:
- Piazza del Duomo: One of the most popular places is this huge Gothic cathedral of the 11th century that has exclusive statues. This century old building has the bell tower known as The Campanile. Its height is about 278 feet offering view of the whole Florence city. The bell tower is one of the Giotto work, one of the great architects of Italy.
- Piazza del Signoria: It is quite popular free air exhibit in the midst of the historic and political centre of the city. You can see the replica of Michelangelo’s David and other artistic medieval period statues near the fountain square.
- Ponte Vecchio: This is the first bridge built in the city around 13th century across the Arno river. There are shops marketing valuable ornaments since the renaissance period.
- San Lorenzo market: It is heaven for foodies and chefs as this market is famous to sell all kinds of food.
- Oltrarno: It is one of the most suitable places to visit if you want to avoid crowded places. There is the river Ponte Santa Trinita, you can enjoy watching the magnificent Florentine buildings, visit the local market lapped with artisan workshops and local small stores where you can find souvenirs to take back home.
To see the best of Florence, visit the place while having a long holiday to enjoy the highlights the Italian city has to offer for its visitors.