A research paper involves several things to be taken into consideration such as mechanics of research, grammar, citations and structure. The thesis statement is one of the most important areas that complete the structure of a research paper.
Most of the graduation students don’t know the right way to write this statement. This lack of understanding poses huge problems for students and makes their research paper less effective and of poor quality. An effective guidance on how to write a thesis statement in a research paper would be very beneficial for them.
Concept of a Thesis Statement
The thesis statement encapsulates the main idea of a research paper. It is not just a topic, but serves as a personal opinion of a writer on that specific topic.
This opinion can be based on reading information on that topic from several sources or using their personal experience. It helps in informing readers of the subject that will be discussed in the body section of the paper.
Tips to write an effective Thesis Statement
Use of evidence
When creating a thesis statement, include valid proof and elaborate supporting evidence. This will create interest in readers and also encourage them to read it.
You need to create paragraphs such that it explains, supports, or argues with the thesis statement. You can write one or two small paragraphs for each supporting idea.
https://thesisgeek.com/editing.php is one of the best places to get the best quality, impressive and unique research paper for college students. These papers are written by experts and certified writers in the company.
Taking advantage of their writing services would give you the best work that not just exceeds your expectation but also get you a better grade in your examination.
Placement of the Thesis Statement in the research paper
It is a good practice to include thesis statement after the introduction part. This placement of thesis statement helps the writer to lead the rest of the paper. The introduction section of the thesis should conceptualize and anticipate the statement.
Tips to form an effective thesis statement
- As thesis presents the argument of the research paper, it has to be well-written and concise.
- Make an explicit declaration of your thesis statement at the starting of the paper.
- It is required that your thesis statement forms an argument. It should act as a road map that leads to the argument building up in the paper.
- A thesis statement should tell the reader that the argument being stated in the statement has been thoroughly explored, convinced and defended by evidence.
- Keep it short and simple. Generally, thesis statements are one liner.
- Be direct in your approach while writing a thesis statement. This statement claims about the topic of the paper that is debatable.
Knowing about the concept and importance of this statement would help you write in an appropriate way. These tips would help you get a better understanding of writing a thesis statement and achieve proficiency in writing it.