You may have read and heard it hundreds of times that office relocation is a very stressful exercise as it involves many pitfalls. But contrary to the common belief that relocation brings a lot of hardship and struggle, shifting office from one place to another has hundreds of benefits for the entrepreneurs that they may have not even thought of. It can prove to be a catalyst for giving your organization a make-over both in aesthetic and the productive ways.
Here are 7 most easy steps that will help you to organize an office move successfully:
- If you are really planning to change your office location, the best way to kick-start the process is early planning. The early planning is a key to any successful move. When you start planning for a task early, you get enough time to pinpoint the defects in the planning process and correct the same before the task is undertaken by you or packers and movers.
- You may require additional help from the colleagues, professional packers and the housekeeping staff of your company, so keep them in the loop so they are present there to help you anytime. When you build alliances that keep you motivated and stress-free for the task. You know that there are people always around you to help you in any movement of the crisis.
- You need to create a timeline of the necessary stages of your move. You can sit down with your Staff members to prepare the timeline of your move. It is necessary to involve your managers and supervisors in this meeting but you can afford to involve the rest of the staff as well in the meeting.
- You can have a separate discussion with the housekeeping staff of your company as it will be they who will be involved in the packing and other exercises related to the office relocation move.
- The relocation of office from one site to another is not an overnight job. You need to start planning for it at least three months before the actual relocation date. For a large office, the planning process should be started at least 6 months before the relocation date. The aim is to start planning as early as possible.
- The next step of your relocation move will be to collect all info on the new place. You should get blueprints of the layout and design of the interiors to get an idea how you can utilize the space in a best possible way. It should not happen that after moving to new office there is not enough storage space or enough desks for employees to work.
- Every building has its certain inherent defects. You should make a list of potential problems with the new space. The problems could be a smaller reception area, less storage area or a large open space.
- After identifying the problems, now you have to figure out how to deal with them to ensure better utilization of your new space. You may require the services of the painters, carpenters or masons etc to fix the same.
There are hardly a few write-ups on the internet that tell us the relocation is an exciting and progressive job if treated in such a way. When you get an outside help from best packers and movers to assist you with the planning and moving, then it becomes more easier for you to avoid stress and strains of relocating, thus giving you enough room to enjoy the move and reap its benefits at the end. The office relocation can motivate and encourage the performance of employees or alter the public perception of the company and lead to the ways that can actually help you to save the money. You can select the best packers and movers in Gurgaon to ensure a smooth office relocation move in this busy city.