Buying a car is a big financial decision. If you are short on budget, you might want to consider a used vehicle, instead of a new one. In this post, we have 9 essential tips and suggestions to buy used cars in Bangalore.
- Fix your budget first. It is important to have a budget in place, so that you can weigh the options accordingly. There’s no point of looking for sedans, when the budget allows a hatchback.
- Make a list of expectations. If you are buying a used car instead of a new one, you can probably afford something better. Just make a list of the things you want from the vehicle.
- Check online. There are many online sites, where you can find used vehicles in your city. These websites are maintained by dealers, who offer the best value for used cars.
- Don’t be rigid. You might have a car in mind and the kind of price you want to pay, but keep things open for negotiation. Paying a little more for a better vehicle is always a good idea.
- Check everything in person. You need to keep a check on the paper trail, including the original car papers, insurance and car history.
- Take a test drive. Even with used cars, taking a test drive is always recommended. Talk to the seller and dealer and your request will be honored.
- Get the car inspected. No matter what the seller says, you need to do an evaluation of the vehicle, which will help in understanding the concerns. Take a mechanic along or choose the dealer carefully.
- Don’t miss on checking the interiors. The comfort of the vehicle is determined by the interiors, which must be assessed.
- Finally, consider the additional investments after purchase, if any.Needs are more important, but you need to be happy with your purchase. It’s OK to have a little fun — as long as you stay within your budget. If you really want those upgraded speakers and can afford it, a little splurge won’t hurt. Just don’t get carried away.
- Once you’ve narrowed things down to a few models, check reputable third-party reviews. There are a number of websites to help you along the way. You’re looking for vehicles with a track record of reliability and safety. Some sites even help by calculating estimated maintenance and other charges for a given car.
- A quick internet search will turn up the dealers in your area. Asking family and friends for their opinions is a good place to start. Like pretty much everything else, car dealers are rated on Yelp, and it doesn’t hurt to check the reviews there. Getting a good dealer can be particularly important with a used car, since the pricing on used models can vary. Don’t be afraid to shop around if multiple places have the car you want — make them work for your business.
- Not the price the dealer wants, the price you think the car is actually worth. The internet in general, and the websites in No. 6, are a good place to start. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (often called the MSRP or sticker price) is fairly easy to find for a new car. Internet searches can give you a decent ballpark number for used cars. Don’t begrudge the dealer a profit, but you obviously want to pay as little as you can.
Look for used vehicles today!