For the successful completion of any project it is very important that a good project management is done. You have to make sure that you have a plan the things in the right way and also have enough resources like man power and financial back up in order to complete the project perfectly and on time. Under project management there are four different steps that you must keep in mind. Let us now discuss each step in detail:
- Initiating- The first and foremost step is to initiate the project that means you have to show willingness to undertake and complete the project. This step you have to aware of the project that you will undertake. Make sure that you study it well and gain all the theoretical knowledge that is required for the successful completion of the project. You have to find out the number of members that you will need in your team, the various other resources that you would etc.
- Planning- The next step after initiating is the step of planning. You have to make a definite plan related to each and everything. You must plan the amount of investment that you will need. You should plan the strategy that you will apply. A good planning makes sure that the work is done in the right way without any confusion. In order to make a good plan it is very important that you take suggestion from all the team members of your team and then study as to how practically these suggestions can be applied for the completion of your project.
- Executing- Once you have made the final plan related to the project you have to execute the plan. Execution means putting in the plan in the final action. You have to start with the work according to the plan that you have designed. Make sure that you follow all the steps of your plan properly in order to avoid any kind of confusion. There might come a situation where in you would feel that you need to execute things differently than what you have planned. But then you should not panic and rather give your best.
- Controlling- Once you have executed the work you next step should be to control the work in a practical way. You have to cater control on the team members and check on if the things are going in the way that you have planned. You should help the team and keep a check if each step is completed.
- Closing- The last and the foremost step of project management system is to close the project after the successful completion of the task. Before closing you have to check each and everything minutely and make sure that the project has been completed in the desired way. One of the best ways to follow the entire above mentioned step is to assign the duties to different people according to their capabilities. There should be one manager and the others should work in their respective fields.