A mobile app development company today remains profitable and strives to keep ahead of the competition with the adoption of the latest technology trend. When it comes to mobile apps, gaming applications are hot trends.
Today, with the continuous evolution of technology, new systems and solutions are being created. With the popularity of game applications, it is no wonder that mobile app programming continues to be extremely popular among developers anywhere in the world. These days, who doesn’t have mobile gadgets? Anyone who plays games does. Furthermore, anyone who makes them does as well. The game developing tools world has changed to fit the ever-growing needs of users far and wide.
THE BEST MOBILE GAME DEVELOPMENT TOOLS TODAY
- Unreal Engine by Epic Games. One need not have special coding skills to boost the game with this development suite. A developer could take advantage of a C++ engine as well as the editor source code. The tool has great online community support as well as a bunch of template, thus it is a great choice for those who are just starting out developing game apps. Professional developers also would appreciate the engine for its powerful blueprint engine, material editor and in-built support for iOS, Android and personal computer. Simple porting enable creating multi-platform games with less effort.
- Unity from Unity technologies. It would be impossible to pass Unity since it is a leading tool in the game development world. A lot of leading software developers and mobile app development services use Unity tools for their projects. The tool is grand for creating simple games. Moreover, it’s a great choice for beginners because it has a huge variety of preset modes. Pro developers could take advantage of several extensions, both free and paid to make the software suit their level. The tool works on Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Tizen and Fire OS.
- Wwise by AudioKinetics. If music and audio are important to a game, and it has to be, check out Wwise. It helps integrate the audio assets into the game. The tool has several useful features that could scare one off at first. However, once a developer has spent a couple of minutes with the settings, the tool is truly useful and powerful. Audio could be added to a special folder and build events for the audio and assign the assets to the event. It is easy as pie. The audio could be adjusted, the volume could be played around and pitches corrected.
- Project Anarchy from Havok. Havok has been used by many games, including Max Payne, Medal of Honor, Assassin’s Creed, Halo and more. Now Havok products are available for free in Project Anarchy. The package for mobile game developers has various useful features, a big library of sample materials and videos to boost the development, asset management, debugging and more. Also, developers get direct C++ access so they could customize the engine for their needs.
- MonoGame by Mono Game. This is a great tool for beginners who deal with 2D games. It’s essentially XNA for all platforms. The project works with any .NET and C# languages. The different support documents and tutorials for MonoGame is impressive. It works on Android, Windows Phone and iOS. A good advantage of the app development software is that it has a similar structure as Microsoft FX files. Moreover, it provides text format to simplify editing.
- NextPeer. Allows adding multi-player gaming to games that are single-player. The SDK gives an opportunity to add customizable features, like joining social tournaments, real-time games and others. It basically allows player interaction for mobile gaming. Any game could be a multi-player game with less effort on the developer. The best part of the tool is that it’s easy to use for developers and players alike. Multi-playing boosts the gaming experience greatly, providing high scores for one’s development efforts.
- Marmalade SDK of Marmalade Tech. Creating cross-platform C++ games have never been easier with the Marmalade SDK. It enables using other C++ libraries during the process of development. It’s far from being the best option for beginners but could be wonderful choice for professionals who are rediscovering the world of mobile. It features tools to simplify coding, code examples, an option of testing applications on various platforms, as well as 2D and 3D development support. It supports particular Android and iOS features, with a code checker for ARM-platform and more. Marmalade is popular for high speed.
THE TYPE OF GAME TO MAKE
Before one could use which tools mentioned above in creating game apps, the first thing to do is to decide on what kind of mobile game one wants to develop. There are a lot of categories, choose one and the kind of audience to target with the game.
CHOOSING THE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE AND THE GAME DESIGN
A developer should decide which programming language to use for the mobile game. Get to know the device to develop the game with. It’s essential to understand all the specs of the mobile device like screen sizes, processor type and speed, image format, display type and resolution, audio and video format and so on.
The game design is a very crucial factor in the development of a mobile game. The first thing to do is to plan out the design of the game in general and the architecture and consider the multifarious aspects that the game will include. Begin with designing the architecture for the engine class. If unsure, there are online mobile gaming forums to present the questions there.
Mobile gaming continues to be very popular among smart phone users. To provide the growing demand of mobile phone games, app developers are working hard on distinctive platforms and of course in using the latest tools in game development. Today developers enjoy the advent of cutting-edge technology. There has been many developments in the mobile phone technology. Game applications are among the most popular and continues to be in demand as more and more mobile users turn to game applications that they can play and enjoy through their different mobile devices.