It is most ideal if you opt for window shades that are tilt able. This way you will be able to monitor the entry of light into the room. Thus you can keep it sunny or dim as per your needs. Blinds are capable of providing you a clean and sleek look and are also more capable of adding privacy in your house. You can also use it as a partition to separate two adjacent areas of your place. The market is flooded with a variety of blinds therefore you can choose accordingly.
Things to Keep in Mind
If you want to make your home look bigger and spacious then horizontal slats are ideal for you. It is best to be used in small rooms and apartments to create the illusion of more space. However if you have large windows then you should opt for vertical blinds. Specially those who have picture windows, vertical shades are most suited making the area look bright and classy.
Blinds are known for providing both versatility and comfort in a convenient manner. You can either go for a sheer look to make your living space look elegant and also bold. Here are some options that you can explore:
- Woven patterns of wood– This will give you a natural looking You can either install it in garden or breakfast area. This can help you filter the amount of sunlight to help you read the morning paper.
- Tight weaves– These are opaque to help you get optimal privacy in the room. It is tightly woven like micro suede. You can install it in areas which require more privacy like bedroom, guest room and of course bath room.
- Roman shades– Roman blinds are not only sleek but they are wide enough. It is usually raised with the help of a cord. You can use this in family room, living room and also the dining room. It looks very formal and dressy and adds sophistication to the room where you install it. You can say roman shades are a style statement.
- Honey comb shades– Air pockets are arranged in a horizontal manner in honeycomb blinds. It is designed in such a way that it locks heat during winters to keep the room warm. Similarly in summer it keeps the room cool by blocking sunlight. It is a very good energy saver for many people.
- Blackout blind shades– They completely restrict the entry of light. It is very popularly used in media rooms and home theater. Though it cost little more than conventional blind shades but it is highly effective.
Wood blinds are popularly used in both homes and offices. They normally come in both dark and light hues. You can either make it painted or polished as per the requirement of your home decor. However it is not preferable to use wood blind shades in bathroom or kitchen because it might get damaged due to moisture. You can use it in living room and bedroom unless you want to add a soft or romantic look to the area.