There are many good reasons why you may want to find affordable self-storage in Montreal. Perhaps you have no more space in your home for your stuff. Maybe you want to unclutter your home without having to actually get rid of items you still want to keep. Self-storage is also convenient when you’re moving to a new location.
But which self-storage service is the best? You can’t just pick the cheapest one. Here are some features that you need to look for:
- Wide range of unit sizes. First of all, your storage space should be large enough to contain your belongings. At the same time, you also need space for you to move through the area so you can easily find what you’re looking for. A good storage space provider should have many different size options. The area can range from about 25 square feet to 500 square feet.
- Easy access. Your stuff should be available to you at any time of the day, and even on weekends and holidays. After all, it’s yours. You can’t be limited to just being able to access your belongings during working hours. It should be 24/7.
- Constant video surveillance. Security is always an important issue, and 24-hour video surveillance is crucial to security. They’re very effective deterrents to would-be thieves, and you’ll also have solid proof whether or not someone else has tried to enter your storage space. If someone has, then the video footage can help the police find the culprit and recover your items.
Of course, the video cameras should be just part of the security system. Other measures must be taken so that unauthorized people can’t enter the area.
- Climate and humidity control. Many items need special humidity and temperature settings to keep them well preserved. Too much humidity can damage your wooden and metal furniture, for example. It can also damage your belongings if it becomes too warm inside. With proper humidity and climate control, your stuff can be properly maintained.
- There should be constant onsite management. Someone should be there during the day to manage things. Video footage can be checked, and humidity and climate controls can be monitored. Units can be checked for possible break-in attempts. The management should also make sure that the area is kept clean. When you visit and ask questions, people there can provide the answers you need.
- Additional services. When you move your stuff to and from a storage unit, sooner or later you may need extra equipment. You may need different types of moving packages, or other packing and moving supplies like scissors, cutters, and tape.
It’s very inconvenient if you have to go to a hardware store for these things. But it’s great if the storage company also has these things ready for you whenever you need them.
If you find a self-storage option in Montreal with these features, then you know you’ve found the right one.