In the recent years, industry has seen a dramatic change in the working standards and rules. Since everything has become globally connected via World Wide Web, most of the manual tasks have been replaced by software. Software dramatically reduces the workload, cost and time while increasing the efficiency of work. A software company develops an application, which involves a complete software development cycle that includes different stages and process.
An important phase of software development is its testing. It is the phase when the application is tested against all conditions and inputs. After this mandatory process the software is ready for the next stage. However, often testing can cost a company lot of money and time without proper results. So, they outsource their software testing activities.
What is Outsourcing of Software Testing Activities?
Generally testing of an application requires extra investment. A separate lump sum needed along with experts and human resources. So to avoid all these issues, a company finds testing outsourcing companies, a third party which does the testing. This third party is authentic and also provides many other services. It offers many advantages as it is completely different unit and focus solely on examining the software.
The outsourcing of software testing offers many benefits and that is why it is gaining popularity. Some of the main advantages are:
- Reduces costs: A company does not have to spend separately on the assessment If a company tests on its own then they need extra hardware and software, which can be very costly.
- Reduces time: By outsourcing you effectively decrease the time of software cycle. If you do testing on your own, then you need more people and time. The third party you will hire is experienced. They have all tools and techniques, which helps them to deliver the task on time.
- Increases quality and reliability: Since testing companies have technical expertise and latest techniques, they ensure that there is no loophole in the application. They test it minutely and detect every error, which ensures quality product.
- Increases efficiency: If the product had to be outsourced for testing it puts extra pressure on the developers to create the best so that minimum changes need to be done. Changing software can be costly in terms of money and time.
- The speed of development cycle is accelerated. You can get the technical assistance and experienced testers whenever you want. They check the compatibility of the software with different environments and platforms. They verify it against various operating systems, hardware and internet browsers.
How to Outsource?
First determine what you want to outsource, i.e., the complete software or some function/ component of it. You need to define an outsourcing strategy, which includes the proposals of the software testing company. You make a draft of your request and have mutual discussion about it. After a fair negotiation establish the contract. You should select the testing company wisely.
Thus outsourcing your software testing activities is a good choice to reduce your expenditure and increase the reliability of the product.