Though the onset of internet was in 1950, the real changes with it came to the limelight during the last 10-15 years holding the hands of e-commerce businesses across the globe. The smartphones took a step further here. As a matter of fact, there has been a sea change in web design and the web related activities befitting the needs of your business. Today, you are no longer a regional player or a niche marketer. Instead, the whole world is your market. This, in other words, construes that your business too has become vulnerable to the worldwide competition.
Key Areas of Web Design:
- Speed of the site: Work and life imbalance has taken a huge toll on people. As a matter of fact, you will see people rarely talking to strangers today even when travelling for long hours, for instance. Instead, they mostly behave like machines. Having said that, we mean, the patience level has substantially gone down in people. So goes with online visitors who generally move to the next best alternative at the slightest opportunity such as the failure of the site to upload and become fully operational within a second. There lies the importance of speed of a site. All those put together indicates that the design you choose for your site must be fast enough to upload and become fully operational within a second.
- Proper landing page: This is yet another important landmark for your web design. Unless there is a good landing page of your site, it is bound to lose traffic. It’s something like the love at first sight that visitors usually develop with your site.
- Indexing of products on display: Your online store must be well indexed failing which your site will lose a substantial part of the traffic beyond doubts. A good indexing helps visitors to find products of their interest quickly. As such, visitors will be spending sometime on your site. This potentially expand the opportunities to close sales.
- Responsive design: Smartphone penetration is going gung ho throughout the world. Advanced countries like the UK and US are likely to achieve 100% saturation in a couple of years. Out of them, a substantial part of the people accesses internet through the handheld devices like smartphone and tabs. It by default means many of the visitors to your site would be compelled to divert to the competition if your site doesn’t have a responsive design. In other words, the responsive design development for your website is a must.
- Keyword stuffing: While developing web design, you must not forget to find out the best assortment of keywords bespoke to your business. It is a primary requirement for the SEO practices as well as the website designing.
- Link building: Your site must be linked with similar non-competing sites with a view to increasing its SEO ranking and to increase traffic to it.
- PPC: Pay per click (PPC) is a promotional tool for your website where you pay for every effective lead that you receive through it.
Web designing is a critical process and it requires an adherence to a lot of activities such as content development, experiential zone creation by uploading images and video clips etc. apart from those discussed above.