Today in the Internet you can find lots of information about creating your own digital marketing strategy or ideas about social media marketing, but how can you be sure that all of them work? According to the specialists, you should rely only on the advice which was based on some experience of a company or a professional who had written the article. These tips were based on the ICM Consulting reviews and you can be 100% sure that they will work at your campaign! Read four parts of the advice about social media and digital marketing in general.
General Must-Knows about the Marketing Sessions
1. First of all you have to build credibility before you actually sell anything via social media.
2. You have to create and allow absolutely open (but always governed) access for all the employees to Twitter and blogging.
3. do not create broadcast e-mails – they are useless, always be relevant and helpful.
4. Facebook is a great place to promote key content of your e-mail newsletter.
5. Follow the conversations and try to join them and the right time.
6. Create you web-site’s “front page” not as a “home page”, but as a “collection of pages”.
7. Remember, that you can improve your search spending ROI by simply using down-funnel data.
8. Do not forget about social media – invest and get benefits.
Important Rules about the Integrating Marketing Programs
9. Always test the unusual.
10. From time to time remember to clean up all the landing pages.
11. Always inform your troops about the important issues and changes.
12. Create re-tweet buttons in your PDF files.
13. Remove gates in front of your content
14. Need market research? Use your brand community.
15. First of all you a are a person, then a marketer. In this order engage in online communities.
16. Interested how customers describe your products and services? Check their reviews with Google keyword tool.
17. Optimize all your content for search.
Tips for Engaging with Customers
18. Remember that you can build relationships with fire starters (highly advised).
19. First of all build a community, and only then monetize it.
20. Offer value on Twitter, never use self promotion.
21. Remember about passion and try to jump on every possible situation that you can on the social web.
22. Create memorable brand experience by building great relationships with customers.
23. First set goals, then measure, and iterate.
24. All your company’s social media guidelines must be short and succinct.
25. Be perfectly organized internally in order to effectively manage social media externally.
Peer to Peer (based on ICM Consulting experience)
26. Write how and why your products and services are a perfect addition to your customer’s lives.
27. Customers are humans, so humanize your blog.
28. Talk about social media appetite to senior management.
29. Provide your community something that is really personally beneficial to them.
30. Always leave your members a choice so they can themselves decide how they actually want to use “their” community.
31. If using online video, be very mindful of people’s time, attention and their surroundings.