These days air conditioners have become a basic necessity in almost every vehicle. It is extremely challenging to take a trip in a car without having a properly working unit. The performance and the designing are totally different from that of the air conditioning system used in offices and houses.
There are 2 sides of an air conditioning system of a car:
- Low side,
- High side.
The compressor of the A/C starts at the high side and performs like a pump. The refrigerant is moved through the system with the help of compressor. The expansion valve is there on the low side, which limits the refrigerant circulation. This assists in lowering the temperature and refrigerant pressure.
The air conditioning unit of the automobile works practically as a fridge and these have multi-component piece of equipment. The warm air is removed from the car and is the cooled air is again pressed inside the car. This assists in keeping the temperature of the limited space of the vehicle and moderates the area.
Unfortunately, it may happen that auto air conditioningdoes not provide reliable cooling or stops working completely. Consider taking it for a repair job. Every vehicle has a different purpose to solve and is designed uniquely. The standard performance of the Air Conditioning in most of the vehicles does not differ. The standard issues that may be experienced with the ac unit for your vehicle and the fundamental ways to repair it have been noted below:
- It is important to understand the performance of all parts so that the ideal action can be taken in case of any issue.
- Inadequate level of air and unexpected performance are the indications of issues with regard to the vehicle ac.
- The compressor drains the refrigerant. The compressor serves as a controlling entity of the air conditioner in the car.
- With the assistance of dryer and evaporator, the liquid formed through the condenser is transformed into cold air.
Servicing tips to get optimum cooling from your Car Air Conditioner
Service your AC unit of vehicle differs from mechanic to mechanic at the micro level to the state and state at the macro level. Every mechanic treats it differently. In some states it is obligatory to carry out a special training or have a license for performing the service of air-conditioner or even to top up the gas in it. Different cars might have different kinds of cooling system and these may even differ depending on the models.
In common, the following jobs are done throughout the service of an auto air conditioning system:
- Examining temperature levels
- If needed, examining gas levels and top it up with gas
- If needed, the receiver, drier and filters are checked and replaced.
- Thorough check up of the tubes for any leakage
- Pulley-blocks and the drive belts are changed.
- Cleaning of condenser fins and removal the dust by blowing air
- Checking of the performance of thermostats and other valves
- Looking for any leakages in the sealed system
- Sanitation procedure to remove fungus and germs
In the case of inefficient cooling, examine the cooling elements to confirm any sort of leakage:
- A flaming color that is easily obtainable at any local spare parts store is useful in inspecting the leakage of refrigerant.
- The ultraviolet light is also a method to look for the leak. If the refrigerant is leaking, the filled up packages can be purchased from local spare parts shop.