What is Christmas without a dinner table full of delicious dishes! It is that time of the year when you get to gorge into some of the best dishes that you will come across and hence it is absolutely essential to try some classic, some modern and some fusion dishes at this time.
Well, if you are thinking about some treats that you have to have during your Christmas holidays this year, then here are some dishes that you will definitely want to try out-
- Fruit Cakes: Okay, if there is no fruit cake, then there is no Christmas and vice versa! The entire month of December wants or rather demands from you that you have fruit cakes. This is a signature dish of Christmas time and many people have it during this time of the year. You can either buy them from any confectionary or you can make it yourself since a fruit cake is fairly easy and simple to make. So if you are thinking of that one dish that will accompany the entire Christmas month, then this is the one!
- Glazed ham: Meats form an essential part of the Christmas menu. If you want to try out a traditional Christmas dish at home, then making glazed ham would be the easiest. Do make sure that the ham is a little crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Serve this dish with boiled vegetables and enjoy it with a glass of choicest red wine. Glazed ham is a must for any heart-warming Christmas dinner at home.
- Chicken pakora: If you want to try out some spicy, crispy and juicy Indian dishes during this time of the year, then you have to go for chicken pakora. This is probably the easiest of the lot when it comes to preparing it and is ideal for an evening snack. These are best enjoyed with hot beverages during the winter months, especially during Christmas. If you simply love chicken and if you want it to be cooked nicely and be crispy, then this is surely a dish of your liking. Do try this one out during the Christmas holidays at home.
- Apple pie: Craving for something sweet during Christmas? Well then think no further and start baking apple pies. These are soft and crumbly with a nice and flavourful filling of apple coated with a sugary delight. This is one of the most popular Christmas dishes that you have to have during your holidays!
- Brownies: Last but not the least, having brownies during this time of the year is almost a necessity. If you have a microwave or an OTG oven at home then baking a brownie is a cake walk! It takes less than 30 min to make and bake and you can serve it with hot chocolate sauce and ice cream.
Christmas is a time of flavourful dishes and some of the most delicious desserts. If you want to make sure your taste buds remain satisfied during Christmas time, do try out these recipes at home!