Man is the most intelligent race on Earth and hence has the hunger to wield his enormous powers on everything around him. It has been this lust for comfort that drove him to adjust the air around him to his own liking and even opposite to what the natural weather and climate dictate.
It was thus that the first air conditioners based on the principles of evaporation of water and heat conduction were employed in ancient China and Rome. However, as time passed and man made huge strides in science, mechanical devices to change the temperature and humidity content of air were invented. These came to be known as the air conditioners as we know them today.
One serious drawback to these devices, however, is their huge energy consumption. It was thus that further research was carried out and a new technology demonstrated which could adjust the power usage of the air conditioner as per actual requirement of the surrounding air. This new technology is known to us as the inverter technology air conditioners.
Click here to know more about inverter technology.
There are a myriad of benefits of using inverter technology based air conditioners rather than the normal ones.
- These air conditioners are highly energy efficient and eliminate wastage of energy to a large extent. Their condenserswork on variable speeds and thus adjust themselves to the requirement of the room on basis of present temperature and target temperature to be attained.
- They maintain more or less a constant temperature in the room they are used in. This is much more comfortable than the normal air conditioner’s fluctuating temperature output.
- These air conditioners do not give out noises and have a very quiet mode of operation unlike the normal air conditioners and hence are much more suited to providing a good night’s sleep.
- They make use of the R14A and R32 refrigerants which are more modern than the widely used R22. These refrigerants are ozone friendly and hence do not contribute to global warming. Also they are more efficient in providing cooling than the earlier used refrigerant. R22 has become obsolete in most parts of the world and is being phased out of the remaining parts of the world as well.
- Inverter air conditioners allow for a precise range of operation and vary by not more than 0.5 C of prescribed target temperature. This is a highly desirable characteristic in professional working spaces specially factories where precise temperature control is but imperative.
- It allows for faster cooling on account of its ability to adjust its fan’s speed on the basis of the immediate needs in the room with respect to the target temperature.
- Employing a variable speed compressor it allows for cutting energy bills by up to 30-50%. This is a huge advantage since electricity bills are one of the major drains on one’s pocket.
- In an energy starved country such as ours, new technology such as this goes a long way towards ensuring energy availability to all. This meets the aspirations of our huge population for energy security and helps save precious currency which would have to be used to import energy from other countries.
- Over time with advances in technology once the installation cost for this air conditioner is brought down, air conditioner availability to the common man of our country would receive a huge fillip as the normal maintenance and operation costs of these air conditioners are not very high and only the initially required investment is too large.