With year-round sun and sand, blue backwater lagoons, Syrian Christian churches, tea and coffee gardens, spice plantations and lush forests Kerala get totally adored by the sights, sounds and thousand shades of green that promise to release visitors refreshed, rejuvenated and raring to go! So venture forth to the “God’s own Country” – Kerala and create priceless memories!!!! In addition to find essential Kerala tourism information as quickly as possible here we listed some special points that will make your Kerala trip much more special.
1. Major Cities in Kerala
Cochin, Munnar, Wayanad, Periyar, Kumarkom, Alleppey, Kovalam, Trivandrum, Alappazu, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Varkala, Poovar, Ernakulu
2. What to see in Kerala
There are a lot of things to explore like Backwaters, fort, temples, beaches, spice plantation, tea farms and hill stations in Kerala.
3. General information:
- Language: Malayalam; however English is widely spoken and understood by the literate population of Kerala.
- Currency: Like elsewhere in India, the currency in Kerala is the Indian Rupee (100 paise). All major credit cards find wide acceptance.
- Food: Most restaurants, coffee shops, eateries or cafes offer Chinese, Continental, Indian or American food. You can find many who specialize in Kerala Delicacies.
- Clothing: Ideally light cottons. However the cooler hill stations may warrant woolens
- Communication: Kerala has a well-knit communications network. With telephone, fax and internet centers in almost every corner enabling you to get in touch with any part of the world easily.
- Health Centers: Hospitals and health centers in Kerala offer world-class facilities.
- Travel Formalities: A Visa is a must to enter India. You can contact the Indian Embassy / High Commission in your country for the same. It is best to carry your passport on you all the time and also carry travel insurance.
4. When to Go:
- Weather – Tropical
- Summer – April-June [24 – 33 degree Celsius]
- Monsoon – July-September [22 – 27 degree Celsius]
- Winter – October-March [22 – 32 degree Celsius]
- Best time to visit -December-May
5. Getting There:
- By Air: The International airports at Trivandrum (now Thiruvananthapuram), Kochi (Cochin) (Cochin) & Calicut (now Kozhikode) facilitate easy access by air. Direct flights operate from Singapore, Colombo, Maldives, Kuwait, Muscat, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Doha and Bahrain.
- By Rail- All major tourist destinations and important cities of India are well-connected by rail to Kerala. If you want to experience with Luxury Train then Splendor of the South Journey of The Golden Chariot train will take you there. It will be the most beautiful experience with onboard luxury services.