In the present day, most youngsters prefer to do higher studies. So after choosing a university or high school for their studies, the next big factor that they have to face is accommodation. Especially for the first years, this impacts on them highly. So, when it comes to choosing the correct student accommodation, you can consider the following factors.
When it comes to Portsmouth, there are some several options for students to decide on which student accommodation do they going to select.
Some students choose University halls as their choice for student accommodation. This has some advantages and disadvantages.
By choosing University halls as your accommodation,
- You get the chance to make good friends and you can get an idea about the people that are going to be around you for next few years.
- You can get in touch with the campus ongoing events.
- There will be no need to travel distance for social events.
- It will be much noisy in the surrounding as there are so many students and will be an issue when studying.
- There are different kinds of students around you. So, you have to be careful when making friends.
Private rented sector
Many of the students choose this option when it comes to choosing student accommodation in Portsmouth. There are so many private rented sectors in Portsmouth in a closer proximity to the campus and shopping complexes. Following are some advantages and disadvantages in living in a private rented sector.
- Students will have the freedom or the independence that they look for in a private accommodation.
- Students can choose the rented space according to the facilities they prefer.
- Costs will be high.
- Students might feel lonely as they are outside of the campus.
Living at Home
Most of the students live in Portsmouth prefer this option as they can cut most of the expenses and they do not need to shift their stuffs from here to there.
- Expenses will be less as you do not need to bare those extra expenses for private sectors.
- You can live the life you got used to.
- You will be away from other students and will have to find alternative ways if you want to meet your friends.
- You will have to live under your guardians. It is a good thing. But when it comes to the campus life and studies, you should have some freedom to meet your friends or lecturers.