For the personal as well as professional users of the computer a printer is a very handy device to get the documents printed and keep it in the record as a hardcopy. However, as it is also a machine only, there are many technical problems with it which result in problems for the users. The worst of the problems is showing it in offline mode.
There are some actions that you can take if this is the problem. Just check the printer first and see if it falls into the category of problems that shows its offline. Here you must have knowledge of how to fix printer offline error in window that can help to fix this problem of the printer really quick.
- The first steps you can go for is the uninstallation of the printer and reinstall the same on the system. For this, you will need to go to “start” option and on the point of “Devices and Printers” In case you are using Windows XP you need to click on the option of ‘Printer and Faxes’ which is provided in start option. Just locate the printer and remove it. Once you are done, just exit the window and restart the system. Now go to the option add a printer and follow the instructions provided on the screen to add it. The problem will be resolved.
- In case the problem is still there, you need to reinstall the drivers for the printer. First, you need to remove the current drivers and then just load the CD which is provided with the printer. In case the CD is not there just visit the website of the printer manufacturer and provide the model number of the printer. You will get the device driver option. Just click on the option and download the drivers. Once the drivers are downloaded, just install them as per the instructions provided and restart the system. The problem must not be there now.
- In the case of a wireless printer, just check that the IP address of the system, as well as printer, does not conflict. In the case of conflict just change the IP of the printer.
- You need to disable the SNMP feature. For this just refer the printer manual.
- Check that the printer is not running out of paper as well as ink. In any case, just refill the ink or fill the paper tray with papers.
- In case there are more than one printer, just see that the right printer is set as default printer. For this just click on start, and go to printer options. Get the printer and set it as a default one.
- In case you are using a network printer, just see that the firewall program is not interfering and turning it offline. In such case just turn off the firewall installed on the device. It may be the result of firewall only that the printer is showing offline.
In case the problem is still there, just ask an expert to help you out.