From old times engineering has been the most aspired careers of students in India. The fact that this career promises a rewarding and secured future makes it the best choice among other conventional and non-conventional courses. Engineering is a very competitive field and everyone who aspires to be an engineer leaves no stone unturned to grab the best opportunities available in this field. Therefore if someone wishes to excel in this career, he or she needs certain set of skills that will guide them to a bright engineering career.
List of top five skills that are most important for being a successful engineer:
- Focus: First and foremost is having focus to fulfill your dream to be an engineer. As you know, to get into engineering course, you need to prepare and crack entrance exams like JEE. These exams need a lot of preparation right from the beginning. Therefore, you must not lose your focus in order to crack engineering entrance exam and get into college of your desire through JEE Mains results.
- Preparation: For having a successful engineering career, you must have thorough knowledge of your subjects. If you are well versed with your core subjects like Math, Science, Technology and Engineering, then no one can stop you from having a rewarding career. But if your basics are weak then you will on first step to engineering career that is clearing the engineering entrance exam.
- Keep trying: For any career chosen it is important to have patience and learn from the failures. If you give up on the pressure that engineering career poses then your dream to become a successful engineer might fade away. Have patience and wait for the right to begin your journey in the engineering field. If you do not clear the engineering exam in first attempt do not get disheartened rather start preparing yourself with more diligence to appear for second time. In few engineering entrance exams like VIT, give you an option of VIT Slot booking, where you can give entrance exam online on your preferred schedule by VIT slot booking procedure.
- Put skills at work: When you have finished your course and are ready to step into engineering field with first job, it is important to put all your skills that you have learned while studying engineering to work. Be it communication skills, team management, leadership skills,, problem solving and analyzing skills or technical knowledge, put everything to use for attaining fruitful results for a given engineering project.
These are few core skills that will help you to have a bright engineering career if practiced right from preparing for the exam to the time you start working in the field of engineering.
What are the various engineering exams conducted across India?
To get seat in engineering college spread across India, online needs to clear at least one exam listed below:
- JEE Main (Joint Entrance Exam Main)
- JEE Advanced ( Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam)
- AIEEE (All India Engineering Architecture Entrance Exam)
- BITSAT ( Birla Institute of Technology and Science admission Test)
- ENAT (EPSI National Admission Test)
- VITEEE ( Vellore institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam)
- NAT ( National Aptitude Test)
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering)
- PACET (Planning and Architecture Common Entrance Exam)
- ATIT ( Admission Test for ICFAI Science and Technology)
- ISAT (IIST Admission Test)
- NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture)
- COMEDK ( Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka)
- KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Exam)
- WAT (Written Admission Test)
These are the few major engineering exams conducted to facilitate admission in engineering colleges all over India. For instance WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam) is conducted exclusively for engineering colleges in the state of West Bengal. Students who wish to get admission in this state can fill the form and submit before last date to receive WBJEE admit card on time to appear in the exam online or offline. After the exam, results will be published online as well as on different platforms of print and electronic media. Students can download the WBJEE rank card by filling the information to generate rank card and see the results. Rank card are not sent through curriers or through post by the exam authorities.