Barriers on the road are pretty common and are actually very important to maintain the traffic stream at place. Sometimes, these barriers are placed in the middle and sometimes in the sideways, but one is sure that they also act as a superb security barrier. Although, there is no dearth of various types of barriers like water-filled barriers, bin blocks, and K-Rail which are used across the world to prevent collision of vehicles with roadside structures, buildings, etc. as well as any possibility of head-on collision with other vehicles on the same road, it is the jersey concrete barrier that is the most popular among all.
In fact, there are many suppliers of these barriers first developed by the Highway department of New Jersey and in the United States of America; you get these in any size as per your request and that to in compliance with all the Federal and State regulations! So, the big question is why such barriers are the most picked ones among all other barriers and to find out the same, let’s look at the advantages of these concrete barriers which are discussed below in brief.
- The large mass of concrete ably resist the impact of a vehicle that result into decreasing of its speed and collision (if any) is less disastrous.
- The angular design featured at its base ensures that the effect of a collision with vehicle will get minimized by facilitating the same to ride up to some extent and thus dissipating the kinetic energy of the vehicle quickly.
- Aesthetic look of the barrier goes well when placed with steel fencing or other types of barriers on road or sideways and this also looks good in front of building structures too.
- Can be of both types i.e. temporary and permanent as per the need as sometimes when a construction or repair work is going on, traffic is required to streamlined to avoid any hazardous accident only for a specific time-frame.
- Can’t disassemble by any collision as the barriers are a strong one with inter-lock feature.
- Are available easily in various sizes including your own custom size and are lightweight which makes it easy to carry or transport over long distance.
- Can be used effectively as a flood defense and protection near the edges of bridge or any other place where there is possibility of vehicle collision.
- Are extremely cost-effective in comparison to other types of barriers available in the market. Even the broken one at the top can be used if the usage is for a temporary purpose and base is intact.
Moreover, there are companies that supply jersey concrete barrier at a low shipping cost to its customers and that too at a quick pace. Crash tested, these barriers are trusted widely and ensure protection in every possible way. So, if you have any such requirement, you can obviously go for such a barrier without giving a second thought in the very first place.